It seems that the world just keeps on turning, not content with a boat load of news from Fantasy Flight Games last week and them updating their flagship X-Wing game to a second edition, Games Workshop have come out swinging this week with lots of news coming out of Warhammer Fest 2018!There really is too much to focus on in this one blog post but here is the quick run down of everything that we are hearing.
– The new edition of Warhammer Age of Sigmar
– The Nighthaunt – an army of hateful, sinister spectres
– The Sacrosanct Chamber opening – revealing Stormcast Wizards
– Magic gone wild
– The first ever official Warhammer Podcast
– A new webcomic
– The Hammerhal Herald, your noticeboard from the Mortal Realms
– The first in a new generation of Sisters of Battle
– Blood Bowl’s latest team (and a host of Star Players)
– Brian Blessed as Gotrek Gurnisson
– Adeptus Titanicus unveiled
– A massive Necron construct
– The triumphant debut of Vargaroth the Scarred and his mighty draconic mount, Skalok the Skull Host of Khorne
– An Imperial Armour book for using the Talons of the Emperor in Warhammer 40,000
– Anacharis Scoria and Jenetia Krole
– A host of Alpha Legion models
– The new Dreadnought Drop Pod
– The preview of the eighth campaign book for The Horus Heresy: Age of Darkness
– Some great new models for Middle-earth
These pictures are just a tiny part of all of the news coming out of Warhammer Fest 2018 and you can fin out more at Games Workshops community page.
An unexpected piece of news hit the headlines this week, with Eurazeo SE, the french based private equity firm that owns Asmodee have according to Reuters unnamed sources have hired investment bankers to run a sale process to an as yet unnamed buyer.
Eurazeo acquired Asmodee in 2013 and have been aggressively expanding their catalog of Studios including expansion in to North America through the acquisition of Fantasy Flight Games.
Asmodee owns the board game companies Fantasy Flight Games and Days of Wonder, F2Z Entertainment properties Z-Man Games and Plaid Hat Games, and the French publishing rights to the Pokemon Trading Card Game and Wizkids!. This includes the rights to some of the most popular games on the market, such as Catan, Ticket to Ride, and X-Wing. The identity of proposed buyer(s) has not been disclosed at this time, pending further deliberations. For more information, you can read the original Reuters article here.
In other related news Z-Man Games acquired Love Letter, a popular card game of social deduction and player elimination from AEG bringing another extremely popular game under the Asmodee umbrella.
Modiphius are putting out a 5th edition of Vampire: The Masquerade which we are expecting to ship in August, I would expect them to sell out fast as it has a huge cult following so if you are interested make sure you preorder.