Here are some news stories and announcements from the past week.
- Vegas Wits & Wagers from North Star Games
Vegas Wits & Wagers is an off-the-charts deluxe, limited-run expansion to Wits & Wagers Party. This will give you everything you need to turn game night into a VEGAS EVENT!
- Shadespire Previews from GenCon from Games Workshop
Warhammer Underworlds – Shadespire is almost here and was being demoed at GenCon. Here are some insights into how the game works.
- Preview the Champions of the Force in Empire at War from Fantasy Flight Games
As characters with a connection to the force, these cards specialize in manipulating dice to get the results you need to bring your enemies to bear.
- Sneak Peak at Munchkin Collectible Card Game from Steve Jackson Games
The Munchkin Collectible Card Game has a release date: February 2018! Check out the packaging for the first set, and the first two expansions: The Desolation of Blarg and Fashion Furious!
- Preview Star Trek Attack Wing Card Packs from WizKids
WizKids announce brand-new content for Star Trek: Attack Wing, starting with Star Trek: Attack Wing: Card Packs – Wave 1. Each pack will focus on a particular ship and contain fun, thematic cards with a new point-efficient cost system that will add a fresh level of depth and excitement to gameplay. In addition, the new formatting and iconography for cards will now allow players to easily identify game effects such as triggers, durations, range and firing arc.
- Coming Soon: Star Wars: Legion from Fantasy Flight Games
Join the thrilling infantry battles of the Star Wars galaxy with Star Wars: Legion, a two-player miniatures game that puts you in command on a war-torn battlefield of the Galactic Civil War
- Coming Soon: Twelfth Wave of X-Wing™ Starship Expansions from Fantasy Flight Games
Arriving for battle with powerful cannons and an arsenal of all the newest ordnance, these Wave XII starships give you all the firepower you need to saturate the skies with your missile salvos.
- Coming Soon: Swayed by the Dark Side, the fourth Force Pack in the Alliances cycle for Star Wars™: The Card Game from Fantasy Flight Games
With sixty new cards (divided between two copies each of five different objective sets), Swayed by the Dark Side continues to explore the bonds of friendship, duty, and honor that drive many of the galaxy’s pilots and soldiers, as well as the fear, hope, and greed that compel others to take action.
- Coming Soon: Tears of Amaterasu, the first Dynasty Pack in the Imperial Cycle for Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game from Fantasy Flight Games
Tears of Amaterasu comes with three copies each of twenty new cards, giving every clan new tools in their quest for superiority.
- Coming Soon: New Maps for Ticket to Ride – France and Old West from Days of Wonder
Ticket to Ride France creates a brand new competitive element for Ticket to Ride players. The flow of the game is different from all previous versions and forces the players to rethink old strategies. A different challenge awaits you on the Old West map, as you can no longer build track anywhere on the board but from your chosen starting city.
- Coming Soon: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 – Gear Up and Rock Out! An Awesome Mix Card Game from USAopoly
Do you have what it takes to keep the music playing? Play as your favorite intergalactic hero as you do whatever it takes to avoid ending up with the worst gear.
- Coming Soon: Pie Town: Spies, Lies and Apple Pies from Renegade Game Studios
Pie Town: Spies, Lies, and Apple Pies is mid-weight worker placement game that challenges players to carefully craft the most scrumptious pies using secret recipes while deducing their opponents’ unique formulas.
- Coming Soon: Sundae Split from Renegade Game Studios
In cooperation with Foxtrot Games, Renegade Game Studios will be releasing a new card game, Sundae Split. Players try to build the best ice cream sundae from the ingredients at hand. Get just the right mix of toppings and flavors, but avoid the vegetables!
- Coming Soon: Munchkin Magical Mess from Steve Jackson Games
Munchkin Magical Mess is a stand-alone sequel or can be played with any of the other Munchkin sets.
- Coming Soon: Super Kitty Bug Slap from Steve Jackson Games
Super Kitty Bug Slap is a fast-paced game that lets 3 to 5 players see who has the most skills. When the game ends, the coolest kitty with the most cards wins!
- Coming Soon: New Expansion for Star Trek: Frontiers from WizKids
Tougher challenges and even more strategic choices await you in this expansion that will be a must have for the fans of this fantastic series.
- Coming Soon: Favelas from WizKids
In Favelas, 2 – 4 players are in the running to oversee the beautification of the iconic Favelas of Rio de Janeiro.
- Coming Soon: Lancelot from WizKids
As a Knight in the Court of King Arthur you must prove your valor in Lancelot. Perform heroic deeds, set out on the quest for the Grail, and obtain the Knightly Virtues to steal the heart of Queen Guinevere and be elected First Knight
- Renegade Game Studios Announce Overlight – A New Fantasy Setting
The first product announced within this new world is a role-playing game designed by Paul Alexander Butler and George Holland, expected for release in 2018. Overlight is a fantasy roleplaying game of kaleidoscopic journeys: a visceral, dangerous, and brightly-colored setting. Characters will search for personal meaning among a fantastic, sometimes violent, and overwhelming world.
- Monte Cook Games Announce Numenera 2
Numenera is a game in which the player characters explore the ruins of aeons past to gather amazing treasures and help build a new future for a world struggling in darkness. Numenera 2 is a major product divided into two books. The first is called Numenera Discovery and the second Numenera Destiny. In Numenera Discovery you’ll get some revisions to make things clearer and more fun, and to increase the options available to players. Numenera Destiny allows you to build adventures and campaigns in which players don’t just explore the wonders of the past—they utilize them to help lift the Ninth World out of darkness.
- Ninja Division Signs License with Games Workshop
Ninja Division has signed a license with Games Workshop to create a card game under the Warhammer Fantasy property. Doomseeker is a tabletop card game, created by David Freeman and John Cadice, where players take on the role of a mighty dwarf slayer.
- Passport Game Studios and Rule & Make to release T2029 – Terminator 2 Judgement Day Board Game
Rule & Make have secured a Worldwide Exclusive License for the movie’s tabletop gaming rights, and will be launching a Kickstarter project for the game in September, for a worldwide release in association with Passport Games Studio in 2018. A cooperative game that involves miniatures, dice drafting and card manipulation, T2029 will see players commanding officers in John Connor’s army in the war against the machines.