Here are some announcements and news stories from the past week.
New Crowdfunding Projects
- Live Now: Secrets of the Lost Station from Everything Epic
Secrets of the Lost Station is a cooperative story game of sci-fi, action-adventure, and exploration. It is a highly detailed and unique sequel to Secrets of the Lost Tomb, one thousand of years into the future!
- Live Now: Rooster Rush from Mayday Games
The speedy dexterity predicting game of not why, but HOW the chicken crossed the road, co-designed by Antoine Bauza and Corentin Lebrat (Hanabi, 7 Wonders and Takenoko: Chibis) .
- Preview of the Heavy Crossbowmen Unit Expansion for Runewars Miniatures Game from Fantasy Flight Games
The Heavy Crossbowmen Unit Expansion comes with eight miniatures that players can customize with the colors of their own personal military, or in the uniform of one of Terrinoth’s elite crossbowmen units.
- Preview of Fallout: Wasteland Warfare from Modiphius
In Fallout: Wasteland Warfare, players will build their own crew from a wide range of factions, allies and iconic characters from the Fallout series, and play in apocalyptic games of 3 – 30 high quality 32mm scale resin miniatures through a huge variety of iconic scenery and settlement buildings.
- Coming Soon: Estrella Drive – a new expansion for Time Stories from Asmodee
Estrella Drive is the sixth expansion for T.I.M.E Stories, sending you and your fellow players to a purportedly haunted mansion in 1982 Hollywood.
- Coming Soon: Gaia Project from Z-Man Games
True to the foundations that made Terra Mystica a massive success, Gaia Project invites up to four players to boldly forge their own galactic empires.
- Coming Soon: Chapter Approved for Warhammer 40K from Games Workshop
Chapter Approved introduces several new matched play rules, all of which are designed to help redress certain imbalances or exploits within the rules that you tell us are leading to games that are not as fun as they could be.
- Coming Soon: Whitehall Mystery from Fantasy Flight Games
In Whitehall Mystery, the new standalone game in the Letters from Whitechapel series, players become both Jack the Ripper and investigators of the Metropolitan Police.
- Coming Soon: Fallout from Fantasy Flight Games
Fantasy Flight Games announces Fallout, a post-nuclear adventure board game for 1-4 players based on Bethesda’s blockbuster video game series.
- Coming Soon: Legacy of Dragonholt from Fantasy Flight Games
A new cooperative narrative game and the first to use the Oracle system, Legacy of Dragonholt contains six quests set in the Runebound universe that take as many as six daring heroes to the outskirts of Terrinoth.
- Coming Soon: Sentient from Renegade Game Studios
In Sentient, players will be tasked with choosing from available robots to program in their factory. Each robot that is added will modify your board and attract the interest of investors for your company.
- Coming Soon: Flip Ships from Renegade Game Studios
Flip Ships is a cooperative dexterity game where players take on the roles of brave pilots defending their planet from an onslaught of firepower.
- Coming Soon: Time Barons from WizKids
In Time Barons, 2-4 players take on the roles as the time barons, shadowy figures who have shaped mankind’s destiny since the dawn of time.
- Coming Soon: Empires from WizKids
Set in the 18th century, 2-10 players take on the role as powerful nations like Russia, Great Britain, Spain, France, and more, all competing to expand their empires by gaining the most support.
- Shortlist for The Diana Jones Award announced
The committee of the Diana Jones Award for Excellence in Gaming announced its 2017 shortlist. There are six nominees for the award this year: two board games, a card game, a role-playing game, a LARP, and a convention.